Proust's Duchess: How Three Celebrated Women Captured the Imagination of Fin-de-Siècle Paris
- Caroline Weber
- x + 715 + [16 photo] pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- New York: Borzoi Book/Alfred A. Knopf/Penguin Random House
- Focuses on Élisabeth de Riquet de Caraman-Chimay, Comtesse Greffulhe; Laure de Sade, Comtesse Adhéaume de Chevigné; and Geneviève Halévy Bizet Straus, who were the inspiration for the Duchesse de Guermantes in the novel In Search of Lost Time.
- Main subject
- Autobiography and Biography
Literature and Literary Criticism
- 9780307961785 (cloth); 9780345803122 (pap.); 9780307961792 (ebook)
- Weber, Caroline. Proust's Duchess: How Three Celebrated Women Captured the Imagination of Fin-de-Siècle Paris. New York: Borzoi Book/Alfred A. Knopf/Penguin Random House, 2018. Sylvia. Accessed January 29, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1411.