A Life in Code: Pioneer Cryptanalyst Elizebeth Smith Friedman
- G. Stuart Smith
- vii + 232 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Jefferson, NC: McFarland
- Biography of a founder of cryptography who assisted the Allied forces in World War I, helped catch rum runners during Prohibition and international drug smugglers, testified in high-profile cases, and worked for the Coast Guard to decipher German Enigma codes during World War II.
- Main subject
- Autobiography and Biography
Science, Environment, Mathematics, and Technology
- 9781476669182 (pap.); 9781476628165 (ebook)
- Smith, G. Stuart. A Life in Code: Pioneer Cryptanalyst Elizebeth Smith Friedman. Jefferson, NC: McFarland, 2017. Sylvia. Accessed December 6, 2021. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1801.