Aesthetic Labour: Rethinking Beauty Politics in Neoliberalism
- Ana Sofia Elias, Rosalind Gill, and Christina Scharff
- Foreword by Susie Orbach
- xxii + 402 pp., bibl., index
- Publication date
- London: Palgrave Macmillan/Springer Nature
- Covers topics including academia, advertising, cosmetics, fashion, freelancing, motherhood, personal responsibility, self-help books, social media, surgery, and wellness from cross-cultural and feminist perspectives.
- Main subject
- Business and Work
Feminism and Women's Rights
Media and Popular Culture
Sociology and Social Issues
- 9781137477644 (cloth); 9781349693313 (pap.); 9781137477651 (ebook)
- Elias, Ana Sofia, Rosalind Gill, and Christina Scharff, eds. Aesthetic Labour: Rethinking Beauty Politics in Neoliberalism. London: Palgrave Macmillan/Springer Nature, 2017. Sylvia. Accessed June 5, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1859.