Bodies in Evidence: Race, Gender, and Science in Sexual Assault Adjudication
- Heather R. Hlavka and Sameena Mulla
- vii + 299 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- New York: New York University Press
- Based on fieldwork in the Milwaukee County court system in Wisconsin from 2010 to 2014 at more than 650 court appearances and hearings, court records, and interviews with experts and participants. Uses collaborative ethnography and feminist epistemology to analyze narratives about sexual violence, the effects of gender and race, the weight of forensic evidence, and the contributions of the adjudication system to violence and oppression.
- Main subject
Sociology and Social Issues
- 9781479809639 (cloth); 9781479809660 (pap.); 9781479809653 (ebook)
- Hlavka, Heather R., and Sameena Mulla. Bodies in Evidence: Race, Gender, and Science in Sexual Assault Adjudication. New York: New York University Press, 2021. Sylvia. Accessed June 3, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1868.