How Do We Look?: Resisting Visual Biopolitics
- Fatimah Tobing Rony
- xi + 236 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Durham, NC: Duke University Press
- Examines how Indonesian women are represented on film and in paintings and photos; how those images are situated in colonialism, postcolonialism, neoliberalism, and globalization; how those visuals are used to justify oppression and violence; and ways artists are challenging those representations.
- Main subject
- Art and Design
Film and Television
Media and Popular Culture
- 9781478013679 (cloth); 9781478014607 (pap.); 9781478021902 (ebook)
- Rony, Fatimah Tobing. How Do We Look?: Resisting Visual Biopolitics. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2022. Sylvia. Accessed June 3, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1870.