Committed: Remembering Native Kinship in and beyond Institutions
- Susan Burch
- xv + 222 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press
- Publication notes
- An open-access version is available
- Social history of native people committed to the Canton Asylum for Insane Indians between 1902 and 1934 that examines the impacts of enforced incarceration on their families and communities. Uses archival sources, correspondence, indigenous knowledge traditions, and material objects.
- Main subject
- Health and Medicine
Sociology and Social Issues
- 9781469661612 (cloth); 9781469661629 (pap.); 9781469663364 (ebook)
- Burch, Susan. Committed: Remembering Native Kinship in and beyond Institutions. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2021. Sylvia. Accessed June 4, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1878.