Fake Geek Girls: Fandom, Gender, and the Convergence Culture Industry
- Suzanne Scott
- ix + 291 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- New York: New York University Press
- Covers how androcentric fan identities are embedded in corporate culture and business strategies and how backlash led by influential male consumers and retailers against diversity and inclusive approaches is used to reinforce entrenched ideas.
- Main subject
- Feminism and Women's Rights
Film and Television
Media and Popular Culture
- 9781479838608 (cloth); 9781479879571 (pap.); 9781479878352 (ebook)
- Scott, Suzanne. Fake Geek Girls: Fandom, Gender, and the Convergence Culture Industry. New York: New York University Press, 2019. Sylvia. Accessed May 24, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1888.
Publication InformationPublisher's Website
ReviewsConvergence: The International Journal of Research into New Media Technologies 26.1 (2020): 228–30
Women's Review of Books (Sept.–Oct. 2019): 13–14
Women's Studies in Communication 44.1 (2021): 119–20