Feminist Media: From the Second Wave to the Digital Age
- Claire Sedgwick
- xii + 197 pp., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield
- Includes discussion of Bitch, Bust, Ms., Spare Rib, Teen Vogue, and xoJane and examines what topics are and are not covered, how advertising affects content, the organizational and power structures of the publications, and how existing histories mischaracterize feminist media.
- Main subject
Feminism and Women's Rights
Media and Popular Culture
- 9781786610409 (cloth); 9781786610416 (pap.); 9781786610423 (ebook)
- Sedgwick, Claire. Feminist Media: From the Second Wave to the Digital Age. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield, 2020. Sylvia. Accessed September 23, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1912.