God Save the Queens: The Essential History of Women in Hip-Hop
- Kathy Iandoli
- vii + 337 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- New York: Dey Street Books/William Morrow/HarperCollins
- Feminist history that covers key figures including Cardi B, Foxy Brown, Cindy Campbell, Debbie D, Missy Elliot, Lauryn Hill, Lil' Kim, Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, Nicki Minaj, Salt-N-Pepa, and Roxanne Shanté and topics such as body image, gender, objectification, power, sexism, and sexuality.
- Main subject
- 9780062878502 (cloth); 9780062878519 (pap.); 9780062878526 (ebook)
- Iandoli, Kathy. God Save the Queens: The Essential History of Women in Hip-Hop. New York: Dey Street Books/William Morrow/HarperCollins, 2019. Sylvia. Accessed June 29, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1938.
Publication InformationPublisher's Website
ReviewsBooklist Online, Oct. 15, 2019
NPR, Oct. 24, 2019
Publishers Weekly, Aug. 28, 2019