The Labor of Lunch: Why We Need Real Food and Real Jobs in American Public Schools
- Jennifer E. Gaddis
- California Studies in Food and Culture, vol. 70
- xiii + 291 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Oakland: University of California Press
- Feminist history of the U.S. National School Lunch Program and the replacement of school cooks with industrialized meals and low-wage workers.
- Main subject
- Business and Work
Sociology and Social Issues
- 9780520300026 (cloth); 9780520300033 (pap.); 9780520971592 (ebook)
- Gaddis, Jennifer E. The Labor of Lunch: Why We Need Real Food and Real Jobs in American Public Schools. California Studies in Food and Culture, vol. 70. Oakland: University of California Press, 2019. Sylvia. Accessed June 28, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1943.