Familial Undercurrents: Untold Stories of Love and Marriage in Modern Iran
- Afsaneh Najmabadi
- xviii + 162 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Durham, NC: Duke University Press
- Part cultural history and part memoir that examines how attitudes toward polygamous marriage in Iran changed in the middle of the 20th century and explores the communities, cultural objects, rituals, and spaces that characterize and reflect new ideas about love and family.
- Main subject
- Anthropology and Cultural Studies
Autobiography and Biography
Sociology and Social Issues
- 9781478015154 (cloth); 9781478017776 (pap.); 9781478022398 (ebook)
- Najmabadi, Afsaneh. Familial Undercurrents: Untold Stories of Love and Marriage in Modern Iran. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2022. Sylvia. Accessed August 7, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1949.