Imagining the Mulatta: Blackness in U.S. and Brazilian Media
- Jasmine Mitchell
- xvi + 268 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Urbana: University of Illinois Press
- Primarily examines the portrayals of Jennifer Beals in the movie Flashdance, Halle Berry in the film Monster's Ball, and Camila Pitanga in telenovelas.
- Main subject
- Film and Television
Media and Popular Culture
Sociology and Social Issues
- 9780252043284 (cloth); 9780252085208 (pap.); 9780252052163 (ebook)
- Mitchell, Jasmine. Imagining the Mulatta: Blackness in U.S. and Brazilian Media. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2020. Sylvia. Accessed June 29, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1950.
Publication InformationPublisher's Website
ReviewsThe Americas 78.2 (2021): 365–67
International Journal of Communication 14 (2020): 6327–29