Motherlands: How States Push Mothers out of Employment
- Leah Ruppanner
- ix + 173 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Philadelphia: Temple University Press
- Offers evaluations and recommendations of successful state policies such as affordable and flexible childcare, equity-based programs, family leave, gender justice, job protections, and more intentional school calendars to support mothers in the paid workforce.
- Main subject
Sociology and Social Issues
- 9781439918654 (cloth); 9781439918661 (pap.); 9781439918678 (ebook)
- Ruppanner, Leah. Motherlands: How States Push Mothers out of Employment. Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2020. Sylvia. Accessed June 6, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1951.
Publication InformationPublisher's Website
ReviewsChoice 58.8 (2021), rev. 58-2441
Political Science Quarterly 136.2 (2021): 402–3
Social Forces 100.2 (2021): e19