Vulgar Beauty: Acting Chinese in the Global Sensorium
- Mila Zuo
- ix + 301 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Durham, NC: Duke University Press
- Examines cultural, gendered, and racial identity through American and Chinese films and popular culture and explores femininity and beauty as performances that transgress Western colonial ideals.
- Main subject
- Film and Television
Media and Popular Culture
Philosophy, Critical Theory, and Social Criticism
- 9781478015475 (cloth); 9781478018117 (pap.); 9781478022718 (ebook)
- Zuo, Mila. Vulgar Beauty: Acting Chinese in the Global Sensorium. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2022. Sylvia. Accessed June 28, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL1952.