Dreadful Desires: The Uses of Love in Neoliberal China
- Charlie Yi Zhang
- xiv + 261 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Durham, NC: Duke University Press
- Uses a feminist intersectional approach to examine how the Chinese government uses concepts of love to control the population, reinforce inequalities, build a cheap labor market, and consolidate power.
- Main subject
Media and Popular Culture
Sociology and Social Issues
- 9781478015376 (cloth); 9781478017998 (pap.); 9781478022619 (ebook)
- Zhang, Charlie Yi. Dreadful Desires: The Uses of Love in Neoliberal China. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2022. Sylvia. Accessed June 28, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL2021.