Geek Girls: Inequality and Opportunity in Silicon Valley
- France Winddance Twine
- xvi + 275 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- New York: New York University Press
- Based on 87 interviews and surveys conducted between 2015 and 2019 with current employees of tech companies in Silicon Valley. Interviewees were men, women, and transgender people from four generations; US citizens and foreign naturals; cisgender, heterosexual, and LGBTQ workers; and people from different caste, class, ethnic, and social backgrounds.
- Main subject
- Business and Work
Science, Environment, Mathematics, and Technology
Sociology and Social Issues
- 9781479803828 (cloth); 9781479803835 (ebook)
- Twine, France Winddance. Geek Girls: Inequality and Opportunity in Silicon Valley. New York: New York University Press, 2022. Sylvia. Accessed June 27, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL2024.