Hip Hop Heresies: Queer Aesthetics in New York City
- Shanté Paradigm Smalls
- ix + 201 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- New York: New York University Press
- Uses black aesthetics, queer aesthetics, feminist theory, and queer theory to examine art, film, and music from the 1970s through 2015. Includes discussion of Jean Grae, Martin Wong, BQE, Deepdickollective, Hanifah Walidah, and the films The Last Dragon and Pick Up the Mic.
- Main subject
- Art and Design
Film and Television
Sociology and Social Issues
- 9781479808199 (cloth); 9781479808205 (pap.); 9781479808182 (ebook)
- Smalls, Shanté Paradigm. Hip Hop Heresies: Queer Aesthetics in New York City. New York: New York University Press, 2022. Sylvia. Accessed September 27, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL2064.