Making Minimum Wage: Elsie Parrish versus the West Coast Hotel Company
- Helen J. Knowles
- Studies in American Constitutional Heritage, vol. 4
- xvi + 376 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Norman: University of Oklahoma Press
- Focuses on the lives of Elsie Parrish, lawyer C. B. Conner, and other litigants involved in the US Supreme Court's 1937 decision that protected women's right to a minimum wage and improved workers' rights. Based on archival research, Conner's unpublished memoir, family histories, and private records.
- Main subject
- Business and Work
Feminism and Women's Rights
- 9780806169286 (cloth); 9780806169385 (pap.); 9780806178196 (ebook)
- Knowles, Helen J. Making Minimum Wage: Elsie Parrish versus the West Coast Hotel Company. Studies in American Constitutional Heritage, vol. 4. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 2021. Sylvia. Accessed September 23, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL2065.