The Shapes of Fancy: Reading for Queer Desire in Early Modern Literature
- Christine Varnado
- vii + 329 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press
- Publication notes
- An open-access version is available.
Revised dissertation, Columbia University
- Focuses on how desire is expressed rather than who expresses it and concentrates on four concepts: being used, appetite, suspicion, and longings for the impossible.
- Main subject
- Literature and Literary Criticism
Philosophy, Critical Theory, and Social Criticism
- 9781517907761 (cloth); 9781517907778 (pap.); 9781452961637 (ebook)
- Varnado, Christine. The Shapes of Fancy: Reading for Queer Desire in Early Modern Literature. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2020. Sylvia. Accessed September 29, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL2115.