Gendered Fortunes: Divination, Precarity, and Affect in Postsecular Turkey
- Zeynep K. Korkman
- xi + 276 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Durham, NC: Duke University Press
- Publication notes
- Revised dissertation, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Feminist examination of emotional labor based on fieldwork in the criminalized commercial fortune-telling industry in Turkey, which offers a refuge for secular Muslim women and LGBTQ+ people.
- Main subject
- Business and Work
Feminism and Women's Rights
Sociology and Social Issues
- 9781478016908 (cloth); 9781478019541 (pap.); 9781478024163 (ebook)
- Korkman, Zeynep K. Gendered Fortunes: Divination, Precarity, and Affect in Postsecular Turkey. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2023. Sylvia. Accessed May 31, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL2566.