The Ladies of Llangollen: Desire, Indeterminacy, and the Legacies of Criticism
- Fiona Brideoake
- xxxvi + 331 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Lewisburg, PA: Bucknell University Press; Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield
- Examines the depictions in literature, the literary history, and the history of sexuality of Lady Eleanor Butler and Sarah Ponsonby, who eloped in 1778 and lived together in Wales for more than 50 years.
- Main subject
- Lesbian Studies
- 9781611487619 (cloth); 9781611487626 (ebook)
- Brideoake, Fiona. The Ladies of Llangollen: Desire, Indeterminacy, and the Legacies of Criticism. Lewisburg, PA: Bucknell University Press; Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield, 2017. Sylvia. Accessed January 29, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL319.
Publication InformationPublisher's Website
ReviewsABO: Interactive Journal for Women in the Arts, 1640–1830 8.1 (2018): art. 4
Women's Review of Books (Mar.–Apr. 2018): 20