Dr. James Barry: A Woman Ahead of Her Time
- Michael du Preez and Jeremy Dronfield
- xiii + 479 + [8 photo] pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- London: Oneworld
- Margaret Ann Bulkey lived as a man to pursue a career in medicine for 50 years, and her identity as Dr. James Barry—a high-ranking surgeon in the British Army who performed one of the first successful cesarean sections—was not revealed until her death.
- Main subject
- Autobiography and Biography
Health and Medicine
- 9781780748313 (cloth); 9781786071194 (pap.); 9781780743141 (ebook)
- du Preez, Michael, and Jeremy Dronfield. Dr. James Barry: A Woman Ahead of Her Time. London: Oneworld, 2016. Sylvia. Accessed January 17, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL481.