Constance Baker Motley: One Woman's Fight for Civil Rights and Equal Justice under Law
- Gary L. Ford Jr.
- viii + 164 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press
- Publication notes
- Revised dissertation, University of Maryland
- Biography of the civil rights activist, attorney, and judge who defended Martin Luther King Jr. on behalf of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, was the first African American woman to argue before the Supreme Court, was the first African American woman appointed to the federal judiciary, and was part of the legal team for Brown v. Board of Education.
- Main subject
- Autobiography and Biography
- 9780817319571 (cloth); 9780817391447 (ebook)
- Ford, Gary L., Jr. Constance Baker Motley: One Woman's Fight for Civil Rights and Equal Justice under Law. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press, 2017. Sylvia. Accessed June 10, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL542.