Pink-Slipped: What Happened to Women in the Silent Film Industries?
- Jane M. Gaines
- xii + 306 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Urbana: University of Illinois Press
- Examines careers of early filmmakers and why feminist historiographers have not previously drawn attention to their work.
- Main subject
- Film and Television
- 9780252041815 (cloth); 9780252083433 (pap.); 9780252050480 (ebook)
- Gaines, Jane M. Pink-Slipped: What Happened to Women in the Silent Film Industries? Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2018. Sylvia. Accessed September 23, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL568.
Publication InformationPublisher's Website
ReviewsChoice 56.4 (2018), rev. 56-1417
Gender and History 30.3 (2018): 820–32
Library Journal, Feb. 15, 2018
Publishers Weekly, May 28, 2018