Coming of Age in Medieval Egypt: Female Adolescence, Jewish Law, and Ordinary Culture
- Eve Krakowski
- xvi + 350 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press
- Publication notes
- Revised dissertation, University of Chicago
- Examines the lives of young Jewish women from puberty to first marriage in the Islamic eastern Mediterranean from the 10th century to the 13th century. Based on documents in the Cairo Geniza, a collection of administrative materials, legal documents, letters, and personal accounts written mainly by and about Jews in Egypt and Syria.
- Main subject
- Anthropology and Cultural Studies
Religion and Spirituality
- 9780691174983 (cloth); 9781400887842 (ebook)
- Krakowski, Eve. Coming of Age in Medieval Egypt: Female Adolescence, Jewish Law, and Ordinary Culture. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2018. Sylvia. Accessed May 22, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL751.