Translating Feminism in China: Gender, Sexuality, and Censorship
- Zhongli Yu
- Routledge Advances in Translation Studies, vol. 9
- x + 202 pp., bibl., index
- Publication date
- New York: Routledge/Taylor and Francis
- Publication notes
- An open-access version is available
Alternate series title: Routledge Advances in Translation and Interpreting Studies
- Analyzes Chinese translations of Simone de Beauvoir's The Second Sex and Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologues and how they reflect and challenge cultural norms.
- Main subject
- Feminism and Women's Rights
- 9781138804319 (cloth); 9780367133795 (pap.); 9781317620013 (ebook)
- Yu, Zhongli. Translating Feminism in China: Gender, Sexuality, and Censorship. Routledge Advances in Translation and Interpreting Studies, vol. 9. New York: Routledge/Taylor and Francis, 2015. Sylvia. Accessed June 9, 2023. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL81.