Archives of Labor: Working-Class Women and Literary Culture in the Antebellum United States
- Lori Merish
- xii + 312 pp., ill., bibl., index
- Publication date
- Durham, NC: Duke University Press
- Covers material such as autobiographies, labor periodicals, melodramas, and pamphlet novels and focuses on African American, Mexican, and white women with occupations including domestic employee, factory worker, sex worker, and garment worker.
- Main subject
- Literature and Literary Criticism
- 9780822362999 (cloth); 9780822363224 (pap.); 9780822373315 (ebook)
- Merish, Lori. Archives of Labor: Working-Class Women and Literary Culture in the Antebellum United States. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2017. Sylvia. Accessed May 17, 2022. https://sylvia.library.wisc.edu/catalog/SYL871.
Publication InformationPublisher's Website
ReviewsLegacy: A Journal of American Women Writers 35.2 (2018): 225–27
Tulsa Studies in Women's Literature 37.2 (2018): 455–57
Women's Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal 47.6 (2018): 681–83